Expert Toning Solution
1What does a toner do for your face?
Toner removes any last traces of dirt, grime and impurities stuck in your pores after you wash your face. When added to your daily skincare routine and used regularly, it can have major positive impact on the appearance and tightness of your pores.
2Why do I need essence to use an essence toner?
Technically, a toner is a liquid that were geared towards curbing oiliness and fighting blemishes in the process. Our essence toner is packed with vitamins and antioxidants and is more comparable to a serum so it is one of the important step to complete night routine.
3What is the difference between a toner and an essence toner?
To put it simply, a toner is used to balance your skin‘s pH level and get rid of other impurities left on your skin after cleansing while an essence toner are more lightweight, somewhat less concentrated than serums and serve as an additional layer of hydration. Packed with nutrients, antioxidants and vitamins, an essence toner provides more targeted treatment depending on your skin concern.
4Can I just use the toner to remove my makeup? Does it work like micellar water?
No, you still need to remove your makeup with a makeup remover and perform double cleansing. The toner is meant to remove leftover make up, dirt and after cleansing.
5When do I use the toner?
Toner goes on after cleansing and exfoliating – day or night, or both. It‘s best to use it when the skin is still a little damp so it absorbs better.
6How long does this toner last?
4 weeks with daily usage. (Twice a day)
7I’m pregnant, can I use this product?
Yes! There should be no problem.
8Can I mix this essence toner with my regular skincare products?
Yes, absolutely. As long as the products you‘re using contains low or almost none.
9Do you need toner in your skincare routine / can I skip toner?
You should include toner in both your day and night skin-care routines. To be more specific, you should use toner after you double cleanse and exfoliate your skin. Toning can be a great adjunct to a skincare regimen for those that need help with oily skin or markedly plugged pores. It‘s the first step towards skin repair, to give skin anti-oxidants and nutrients, to exfoliate skin and control blemishes, and to give a "goodness treat" to the skin.
10Is it suitable for sensitive skin?
Yes, our products do not contain harsh chemicals therefore it will not give you any irritations.
11Who Should Use Face Toner?
Everyone! But if you have oily skin, are prone to acne or wear makeup, you may especially benefit, because toner goes the extra mile to clean out and close-up pores. When it comes to glowing, healthy-looking skin, toner is a key step in your routine.
12How much toner should I use on my face?
Toners can be used twice daily after cleansing, as long as your skin can tolerate the formulation. Use a toner morning and night. But if your skin gets dry or irritated easily, try once a day or every other day.
13Can I leave toner on my face overnight?
Leave it on your skin, let it dry off completely, and then apply moisturiser for best results. Toners have calming effects on the skin, and if you're using one without alcohol, then it will work wonders for your skin if you leave it off. But if it has got alcohol then you might even wash it off if it irritates your skin.
14How to use a toner? / Is it better to apply toner with hands or cotton?
This is the most recommended way to apply toner, no matter your skin type. Using cotton pads to apply your toner gently on your face and let it get absorbed in your skin. Use a moisturizer once the toner is absorbed while the face is still a little damp. No need to wash it off.
15What is the benefit of using toner?
- Facial toners help to balance the pH, or potential hydrogen, level of your skin.
- Facial toner works to remove environmental toxins such as smoke, smog and other chemical residues from your skin. This helps your skin to look brighter and healthier, and long-term benefits may include less acne, less severe acne scarring and fewer wrinkles.
- Facial toners tighten your facial pores, allowing fewer oils and toxins to settle into the skin. This creates a fresher, cleaner and less oily appearance while preventing acne.
- Acne can be painful and unsightly and can lead to facial scarring. By removing oily build up, residue and dead skin cells, facial toners assist in reducing the amount of facial blemishes and acne you may already have and work to prevent future breakouts.
- Facial toners provide hydration to your skin, which is essential to maintaining elasticity, smoothness, moisture and a more youthful appearance. Proper skin hydration reduces the signs of aging skin and provides an effective base for the application of facial cosmetics.
- Facial toners can also be used for cleaning in and around your ears and for reducing oily deposits on your back, chest and arms, where acne also tends to form.
16What is the active ingredient in this essence toner?
Niacinamid. Niacinamide reduces inflammation, which may help ease redness from eczema, acne, and other inflammatory skin conditions. Minimizes pore appearance. Keeping skin smooth and moisturized may have a secondary benefit — a natural reduction in pore size over time.